Origins was founded in the United States in 1990 by Leonard Lauder, son of Estee Lauder. Its one of the original brands of The Estee Lauder Companies. Origins is notable for its ongoing collaboration with Dr. Andrew Weil in his own line of products that target inflammation and sensitive skin. You can find origins products at a store near you using the Origins.com website's useful store locator tool. Also, you can sign up for the Origins newsletter here. To view origins special offers, you may click here.
Origins can be reached for customer service at any time 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via their website contact page or by phone at (800) ORIGINS. You can also contact Origins by e-mail or by utilizing Origins Live Chat on their website.
Origins Replenishment Service
Items eligible for this program appear in your shopping cart with a Replenishment Service pull-down menu that lets you select your desired shipping interval. At this time, all products are not eligible for replenishment.
- To activate Origins' replenishment service, pick a time interval for shipments from the pull-down menu beside the item(s).
- These products will be automatically shipped to you at the intervals you select.
- There's no minimum number of products you must order, and you can cancel at any time prior to shipment.
- And as an additional benefit, you’ll enjoy free standard shipping with every Origins.com replenishment order.
- When your replenishment order is ready to be processed, they will e-mail you a reminder.
- Within days after your confirmation, your order will be shipped to your shipping address and charged to your credit card.
- You will receive a second e-mail confirming the shipment of the order and that your credit card has been billed.
- After your initial shipment, orders can be canceled and intervals may be changed as long as it has not been yet processed.
- To cancel/change your replenishment order, click View/Edit Replenishment Items in the My Account section of the website.
- Intervals must be set for more than 2 business days from the current date.
Gift Wrap Service
- Gift wrap all items together with one gift message card: Place items in the cart. In the Gift Services section during checkout, choose “Please gift wrap this entire order and include a gift message.” Type your message in the box that appears.
- Gift wrap each item individually and receive blank gift message cards: Place items in the cart. In the Gift Services section during checkout, choose “Gift wrap each item individually.” They will provide a blank message card for each item.
Origins has been reviewed at Paula's Choice, where the brand's strengths and weaknesses are highlighted below.
"Strengths: Almost none for the skin-care products, save for a couple of average eye-makeup removers; makeup fares better, with several great options, including liquid concealer, powder foundation, loose and pressed powders, liquid blush, bronzing options, brow enhancer, and automatic lip and eye pencils; very good makeup brushes composed of synthetic hair.
Weaknesses: Almost every skin-care product contains potent irritating ingredients that have no established benefit for skin; no products to address needs of those with acne or skin discolorations; no AHA or BHA products; although sunscreens provide the right UVA-protecting ingredients, they also contain irritating ingredients, some of which are phototoxic; the foundations contain irritating ingredients, as do most of the lip color products; average specialty products.".
Origins was also reviewed by All Skincare Reviews, who states, "Origins has an extensive product line for dry, oily, combination, or sensitive skin and prices range from $13.50 to $112. Origins has products not only for women but for men too! Aside from cosmetics to feed the needs of your skin, stress relievers like aromatherapy candles and scented wraps are also available for you to choose from!
Origins has evolved over the decades and has garnered a lot of accolades from users all over the world. Many have given a lot of positive feedback especially on the brand’s bestselling products; A Perfect World and Starting Over for their anti-aging results. However, some users had adverse effects with some of their cosmetics and these irritations were usually attributed to the cosmetic fragrances.
With a wide array of cosmetics made from numerous plant extracts backed with scientific research, what more can you ask for? Origins is indeed powered by nature, proven by science.".
Origins, which is owned by Estee Lauder Companies has been a Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business since November 1, 1966. On a scale of A+ to F, Origins receives an exemplary grade of A+.
Factors that raised the rating for Estee Lauder Companies include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 15 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Origins.com is ranked 71,690 in the world according to their 3-month Alexa Traffic Rankings. The site is relatively popular among users in the cities of Burnaby, British Columbia in Canada; where it is ranked 1,358; Austin, Texas; where it is ranked 2,796, and Buffalo, New York; where it is ranked 3,033 with an overall United States Alexa Traffic Rank of 14,456. Origins.com has an average Google Page Rank of 5.
Origins can be found on Facebook, where they have attained 622,085 likes. They have tweeted from their Twitter account 1,757 times and have 17,444 followers. They are following 1,529 other Twitter profiles. Additionally, you can check out informational videos on Origins' YouTube Channel that has attained 491 subscribers and has had 52,955 video views.
Origins.com has been analyzed by McAfee Secure Site Advisor, who didn't find any significant problems. Norton Safe Web found no issues with annoyance factors, computer threats, or identity threats at Origins.com. Google Safe Browsing tested 27 pages on the skincare website over the past 90 days and no problems were found and no suspicions of negative activity have been reported. The last time Google visited Origins' website was on May 6, 2013.
Origins offers Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Conditioning Lip Balm with Turmeric for $16. They offer GinZing Energy-boosting Moisturizer for $26.50. Their Ginger Hand Lotion is priced at $16. In comparison, Philosophy's Kiss me tonight Intense Lip Therapy goes for $20. Their Eyes Wide Open Instant Refreshing & De-puffing Eye Gel is sold at a cost of $30. Lastly, you can purchase Hands of Hope Hand and Cuticle Cream from Philosophy for between $10 - $20, depending on the size of your tube. The two brands are pretty close when it comes to prices, and depending on the product, you can purchase items for a better price of better quality if you shop carefully between the two equally well-priced stores of similar quality for a deal!
- Most orders are delivered within 5-7 business days using Standard Service.
- For orders shipping to multiple addresses, shipping & handling is calculated on the order total for each shipment address.
Order Total Standard Service 2nd Day Service Overnight Service
$0.00 - $25 $5 $10 $15
$25.01 - $40 $6 $11 $16
$40.01 - $60 $7 $12 $17
$60.01 - $80 $8 $13 $18
$80.01 - $100 $9 $14 $19
$100+ $10 $15 $20
If your order only contains Origins Gift Cards, you will be charged:
- $5 for Standard Shipping
- $10 for Second Day Shipping
- $15 for Overnight Shipping
Sending an Origins Online eGift Card via email is free of charge.
The order total used to calculate Shipping and Handling fees will not include the value of the purchase of Origins Gift Cards or E-Gift Cards.
Origins.com orders are shipped and delivered on business days (Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays). Below are the shipping options available for your Origins package. Please select the option that best suits your delivery needs during checkout.
- Most orders shipped via standard shipping are processed & shipped in 1-2 business days, depending on product availability.
- Most standard orders are delivered within 5 - 7 business days from the order’s ship date.
- Most orders destined for P.O. Boxes are delivered within 6 - 14 business days of the order’s ship date.
Second Day Service
- Second Day orders placed by 3:00 PM ET will be processed and shipped the same day, depending on product availability.
- Second Day orders placed after 3:00 PM ET will be processed and shipped the next business day.
- Most orders shipped via 2nd Day Service are delivered within 2-3 business days from the order’s ship date.
- Orders destined for P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories, APO/FPO locations and Canada are not eligible for Second Day Service.
- Second Day orders may require a signature upon delivery.
- Overnight orders placed by 3:00 PM ET will be processed and shipped the same day, depending on product availability.
- Orders placed after 3:00 PM ET will be processed and shipped the next business day.
- Orders shipped via Overnight Service are delivered within 1 business day from the order’s ship date.
- Orders destined for P.O. Boxes, U.S. Territories, APO/FPO locations and Canada are not eligible for Overnight Shipping.
- Overnight orders may require a signature upon delivery.
- Online eGift Cards are delivered via email.
- The sender’s name and email address are included for the recipient.
Rules and Restrictions
Some items sold by Origins.com require special handling as specified by federal, state and local regulations governing the transport of these items.
- The method of shipment for these items is dictated by these regulations.
- Origins.com, complies with these regulations so the shipment of some products to certain locations may not be possible.
- If you can provide an alternative physical address in the United States to which they can deliver, they will ship your full order.
- Products can only be billed or shipped to destinations within the United States and Canada.
Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. Territories
- They accept orders for shipment to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Most items may be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii and the U.S. Territories, but some restrictions apply.
- Priority shipping (Overnight or 2nd Day service) are not available for certain locations in Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. Territories.
P.O. Boxes and APO/FPO Addresses
- Most items may be shipped to a P.O. Box or Military APO/FPO addresses, but some restrictions apply.
- P.O. Boxes or Military APO/FPO Address Deliveries are shipped by USPS & Overnight or 2nd Day Delivery isn't available.
Products can only be billed or shipped to destinations within the United States and Canada.
Origins Payment Options
Debit & Credit Cards Listed Below & Other Payment Methods
- American Express
- Origins Gift Cards with a PIN Code
- Origins Online eGift Cards
Origins is required by law to collect state sales tax on orders being shipped to the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA, WI.
- Sales tax will be assessed on the total purchase, including shipping and handling charges.
- Purchases paid for with Origins Gift Cards are subject to applicable sales tax.
- No sales tax is charged when buying Origins Gift Cards.
Returns & Exchanges
If you wish to return or exchange an item purchased through Origins Online, follow the steps below.
- Origins Gift Cards and eGift Cards can not be returned or exchanged.
- Only products purchased at Origins Online may be returned for refund or exchange.
- Fill out the Return Merchandise/Exchange section on the back of the invoice in your order
- Place it inside the return package.
- Retain a copy of the invoice for your records.
- If you are making an exchange and the cost is more than the amount of your return, include your payment information.
- If you are returning or exchanging a gift, check the box marked "Gift Return" on the back of the invoice.
- Affix the return label provided on the invoice to the outside of the return package.
If the label is not available, all returns should be addressed to:
7601 Trade Port Drive
Louisville, KY 40258
When your order arrives, please inspect the carton for any damage that may have occurred during shipment.
- If there's damage item(s) in your shipment, contact Origins immediately at (800)-ORIGINS.
- Provide the order number along with your e-mail address and phone number for fastest service.
- To assure prompt resolution, keep the box, packing materials and the damaged items for inspection.
Best Available Origins Coupon: